Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Munchies- Biting Pear Sorbet

I have been dreaming about spring and summer, and along with it came favorite summer foods.   This sorbet is super yummy, and doesn't have any preservatives and junk that most commercial icy treats do.  this is also an unusual flavor that is a welcome change to most flavors around. I apologize for having no pics this time, I have been so busy with some features and giveaways I have had no time to make it myself, but I didn't want to leave you without my munchie monday recipe, so here it is!

Biting Pear Sorbet

2 large pears cored and cubed
1 banana cut into coins
2 T lime juice
1 Cup honey or other liquid sweetner
2 T fresh grated ginger
1/4 to 1/2 cup applejuice for thinning (if needed)

Toss pears and bananas with lime juice and freeze flat on a pan.  Bring 1 cup apple juice, ginger and the honey to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.  Cool to room temperature.  Blend together banana coins, and half the pears with the apple mixture in a food processor or blender.   Add remaining half of pears a few at a time blending till smooth.  Add extra apple juice if it gets too thick.  Serve immediatly or freeze for at least 15 minutes.

Hope you like it !

xoxox Laci






2 Sweet Talkers:

Kristina P. said...

Ooooh, I love pears! This sounds so refresing.

Laci Jo said...

me too, and this is sooo good!