Monday, February 8, 2010

Munchie Monday: TZATZIKI


Running a little late with this today!


So I love greek food.. and there is a small greek family owned restaraunt in down town Cour d alene that me and my husband have been eating at for around 6 years. I really wanted to take it home with me, so one day I figured out the this recipe for tzatziki that tastes almost identical to the stuff at the restaraunt. This stuff is fantastic, and me and my kids sit down with a bowl of this stuff and some pita bread and veggies and go for it! It is especially great on top of a pita stuffed with grilled and seasoned chicken ---Suvlaki to be exact!

Tzatziki

4 cups greek yogurt
1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded, and grated
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (white is ok but apple is better!)
2 cloves of minced garlic

Sprinkle cucumber with salt drain and in mesh colander with cheesecloth for 15 minutes.

Mix yogurt, garlic and cucumbers together and serve!


**************************************************

So that's it! I think that next week I will give you my secret Suvlaki recipe to go along with this! yummy!

Enjoy!


Share





1 Sweet Talkers:

Mel said...

Tzatziki = LOVE

I use that or hummus on just about EVERYTHING. I haven't used mayo on my sandwiches in years! Hehe