Friday, January 29, 2010

Why oh why do I still have to deal with acne????

So, I've been breaking out again, I feel like I am too old to be having this problem, but I came across a neat little blog called The Green Beauty Guide and found some cool stuff, including this recipe which I will promptly try as soon as I get some charcoal from Pilgrims, untill then, here it is for everyone to enjoy :

( http://thegreenbeautyguide.com/?p=133)

Green Charcoal Skin Detox Mask

To deep cleanse and purify activated charcoal is far more superior to clays. It absorbs environmental toxins from deep inside the skin since it’s much more porous than most absorbents used in skincare, and it naturally soothes. My mask recipe is inspired by Origins Clear Improvement® Active Charcoal Mask but I am not asking you to use any preservatives or other chemical nasties, since you will prepare and use the mask fresh.

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon activated charcoal (from crushed tablets, widely available from health food stores to Walgreens)

1 teaspoon purified water

1 teaspoon aloe vera gel/juice

5 drops tea tree oil

3 drops calendula essential oil

A pinch of sea salt

Method:

1. Crush the charcoal tablets using pestle and mortar. If have none, place them between two sheets of paper and work them well with a hammer. No hammer? Put the paper with tablets under a thick book and jump on it. A few jumps would do.

2. Carefully transfer the fine black powder into a shallow cup, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to completely dissolve the salt.

3. Use frequently all over the areas affected by acne. You can store the mask in a fridge for up to five days.




Share

0 Sweet Talkers: