Thursday, February 18, 2010

GOODBYE Morgan!

So my ferret died yesterday morning..  He was looking pretty frail and he wouldn't eat much for a while now, so we wondered if he might be dying.  Yesterday my cat started freaking out and I came into the bathroom where Morgan's cage was and saw him on the floor of the cage, and thought for a second he was sleeping, but when I shook the cage he didn't move and my heart just sank.  Poor little guy!   I felt so bad, like there was something more I could have done to prevent it!  Since he was technically my husbands ferret, I (sobbing the whole way) rushed the hour into town and tried to find him at school and then at work but I couldn't seem to find him ALL DAY LONG... so I waited till my mom got off work and went to her house to let the kids stretch their feet (we were in the car for about 6 hours waiting for my husband to show up) And so I checked my mail while I was there and found out that he had gotten off early to stop at home and grab the checkbook so he could go pay for our insurance, and I realized then that he was going to come home, find his ferret dead, his wife and kids gone, and be a LITTLE concerned!   I rushed home and he was so sad he wasn't even crying.   He refused to cry and sincew its still frozen ground we proceded to unceremoniously dispose of  his body... what a crazy day it was.   Needless to say, I am tired.  and lonely for our Morgan.   You will be missed little guy!

4 Sweet Talkers:

I Dig This Life said...

Sorry to hear about Morgan he was such cute ferret Im sure hell be missed. *hugs*

sassypackrat said...

Four feet or not whenever a family member passes, It's sad. (((HUGS)))

Laci Jo said...

thanks everyone :)

Elizabeth Gwen Originals said...

I am so sorry, what a sad day!