Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Munchies: Incredible Crepes

I could eat these ALL. DAY. LONG.  I could eat these with jam, I could eat them with ham, I could even eat them on a tram in Siam!  These are better than pancakes, these are better than waffles, I cannot find words to tell you how wonderful I think crepes are!  (of course I love all the other breakfast foods as well)  but these are so thin, a little egg-y, and sweet enough to eat all by themselves!  What can I say, I must have a little French in me!



Incredible Crepes

3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Honey or Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
2/3 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/8 Teaspoon Salt

In Mixing Bowl, beat eggs, add honey or maple syrup, vanilla, butter, and milk.  Beat until well mixed with whisk or electric beater.  Add flour and salt, and beat until batter is the consistency of light cream.  Allow batter to stand for at LEAST an hour or two in fridge.  (OVER NIGHT IS BEST!)   When ready to cook, heat a 6 inch pan or small skillet and oil it.  Pour in about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the batter (trust me no more that 2 Tablespoons at a time!!) tip the pan immediately and spread batter over entire surface till evenly coated.  Batter will be EXTREMELY thin on the pan.  THIS IS GOOD.  cook crepe until it can shake loose from the bottom of the pan.  Turn and brown lightly on reverse side.  Makes about 14 to 16 crepes.   can be kept for several days in the fridge and up to 4 weeks in the freezer.

  If  you want to go fancy whith these, take some softened cream cheese, whip in some honey, and a little vanilla and lemon juice, and stuff and roll! top with some fresh strawberries and voila! YUMMY dessert!


ENJOY!

2 Sweet Talkers:

Raige Creations said...

Honey? wow - no wonder you could eat these all day long. I am definately trying this! Thank you!!

sassypackrat said...

Yum, I love crepes but have never made them myself. Looking forward to trying this recipe.