Thursday, February 10, 2011

Homemade Citrus Powdered Deoderant Recipe

I was looking for some powdered deoderant on Etsy when I realized, DUH I can make my own and so I did:)


Here is the recipe I made up and it turned out wonderfully!  And for those who think oh that white powder will just get all over your clothes, think again.  You only use a few pinches and you rub it in really well and its no problem!  This stuff is notorious for being an ALL day relief for stinky armpits, even after a day at the gym so what are ya waiting for get in the kitchen, grab a blender and get to it!


Basic Body Powder

1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cornstarch

The ingredients below are purely optional but if you want it to smell delicious AND do some heavy duty germ warfare then don't forget to add them!
4 drops peppermint oil
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
4 drops tea tree oil


Throw it all in a blender, seal it tight with a lid and blend for a few seconds to get it all mixed well.
Wait till the dust settles a bit and scrape into a dry lidded container.  when it is time to use simply take a pinch or two and rub it into your skin well and GO!


Keep it dry or it will get clumpy (and if it DOES just re-blend) ... Hope you love it and let me know if you tried it!!!  ENJOY!

5 Sweet Talkers:

Marisa said...

That is so cool! I've never thought about MAKING my own deodorant. Stupendous idea!

Laci Jo said...

I know right? I was about to spend 10 bucks on 5 oz and I stopped and was like....uhhh I could be spending 10 bucks and making my own only 10 times as much! Its such a great idea i thought I needed to share :)

Cindy said...

Does it really do a good job? I don't just perspire, I sweat! Plus I also have hot flashes and believe me it's hard to get a deodorant to keep the BO away.LOL I've been thinking about making my own but really needed some honest opinions. Thanks

Hugs XX
Barbara
lmoore(at)flippinweb.com

Laci Jo said...

yeah so far so good! here is a link to a blog where a gal made her won, and if you look in her comments you will see that a LOT of people have been claiming that it is pretty heavy duty stuff :) but hey, it will only cost about 2 bucks to try the basic mix (unless you already have the ingredients) so you never know till ya try, plus every one is different and some things work for some and not for others :) I suggest just jumping in and definitely add in the peppermint, tea tree oil, and lemon zest for extra bacteria killing power!

Laci Jo said...

whoops here is that link :) http://1greengeneration.elementsintime.com/?p=596